Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's Pumpkin Patch Time!

Fall is in the air!  Cooler weather, college football, salted caramel mochas at Starbucks, and most importantly... pumpkins!!!
The pumpkins arrived at the local church last week so Emily and I took advantage of the cooler weather and loaded up the kids for their annual trip to the pumpkin patch!

I would love to say that getting pictures of all 6 kids together is getting easier, but it still requires a lot of patience, low expectations, and candy!  Luckily, I am usually the one behind the camera so I don't have to jump up and down making a fool of myself trying to get smiles from toddlers.  My camera was on a different setting this year and a lot of the pictures came out blurry, but we were still able to get a few good shots of the kids with the pumpkins. 
In the past two years, I think this is one of the best pictures I have of all three of my kids together. Love it!
Emily's kids weren't quite as easy to get a good picture of (13 month old boys are REALLY busy!!) but I thought this one turned out cute!
After the required group pictures, we let the kids wander around looking at the pumpkins.  The favorite activity this year was wagon rides.  Parker, Addison, Eden and Aubrey all took turns pulling/pushing each other around in the wagons.  There were a few tears when the wagons got stuck but, overall, they had a good time.
We were excited that Aunt MerMer and Grandma were able to join us this year!
After we left the pumpkin patch, we went back over to my mom's for dinner.  After dinner, the kids went outside to play.  They started acting silly so I grabbed my camera hoping to get some genuine smiles from the kids and couldn't believe how good the pictures turned out.

This is my absolute favorite- the only thing that would have made it perfect is if Ryan was in the picture.  When I look at this picture, it makes me think that these girls are very lucky to have Parker looking out for them.  I hope that as the oldest cousin, he will always be protective of our girls.
We did manage to get one picture with all six cousins.  What huge blessings these kids are to me! I love them so much!!
Sweet Aubrey Kate!

What a great way to end a fun cousin-filled fall day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment