Saturday, November 10, 2012

A is for Acorn

 
A few weeks ago when Eden was learning about the letter "A" in preschool, her teacher taught her that acorn started with the letter "a".  I think they might have even gone on an acorn walk to find some acorns.  From that day on, Eden has been obsessed with finding acorns.  She looks for them everywhere we go- preschool, Granna's house, my school!  She even gets Lily involved in helping her search for them.
When I pick her up from preschool, her pockets are full of them!  Miss Tammy told me that there are no more acorns on their playground because Eden has picked up every last one of them! 
Luckily, I've convinced Eden that the squirrels in our backyard need them for the winter so she willingly takes them and puts them in our yard any time she comes home with a pocketful.  (I don't think I've ever seen a squirrel in our backyard since we do not have any trees, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her!) 
It is so sweet to watch her search for and pick up acorns! Now if I can just figure out how to get her to pick up her toys with the same amount of enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment