Monday, November 26, 2012

Parkerisms and Edenisms

Out of the mouth of babes!  You just can't make this stuff up!  Here are some of our recent funnies:

Parkerisms:
"Granna, I almost hit a tricycle (cycle) in my baseball game last night!" 
(Parker hit a single, triple, and home run in one of his tball games.  Cory told him that if he had hit a double, he would have hit a cycle.  He couldn't wait to tell Granna the next morning!)

Yesternight- Apparently, last night + yesterday = yesternight

"Mom, I want to dip my apples in some of that carnival (caramel)."

Edenisms:
Eden loves to sing her ABC song.  Up until the last few weeks this is how she sang it:
ABCDEFG
HIJK Elmo Elmo P
QRSTUV
WXYZ

"Mom, can I put this coin in my money pig (piggy bank)?"

"Mom, your car is dirty.  You need soap and a spongebob (sponge)."

Every night as I am leaving her room, Eden asks me, "Mom, will you come back and pep (check) on me?"

One of the sounds that Eden has trouble making is s-blends, such as sc- and sw-.  She often substitutes the /f/ sound for these blends.  One of my favorite things that she says right now is "Mom will you fratch (scratch) my back?".  And even though it is the middle of November, she still asks me all the time if she can go fwimming (swimming) at Granna's house.

The other sounds that she is working on in speech are /k/ and /g/.  I am really going to miss when she stops saying:
titty tat for kitty cat
otay for okay
tittle for tickle
goddles for goggles
The list goes on and on.  I am so thankful for her speech therapist but know it will be bittersweet when she starts pronouncing everything correctly.  All of these substitutions are just so Eden.  It will seem so different when they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment