Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween turned out completely different than we had planned this year, but we still ended up having a fun evening and got way too much candy that I'm having a hard time not eating! 

Cory took off work early so he would be home in enough time to go trick or treating with the kids, but it turned out it didn't matter.  He came home from work with aches, chills and a fever of 102 degrees and went straight to bed as soon as he walked in the door.  My parents have relatives from Ohio visiting all week so that left ME to take the kids trick or treating. 

The kids were so excited about their costumes this year- Spider-Man, Snow White and Dorothy.

After an early dinner, we got dressed and headed out to the Trunk or Treat at a local church.  We've never been to this particular Trunk or Treat but I've heard that it gets crazy as the evening goes on, so I wanted to get there right when it started.   It was already busy when we arrived, so I pleaded with Parker and Eden to stay close to me so I wouldn't lose anyone.  I have to give them a lot of praise because they were perfect!  They stayed right with me and never wandered off and obeyed every time I asked them to do something.  It was stressful, but not nearly as stressful as I thought.  They enjoyed walking around to each trunk to get candy and then we went inside to play some games.  Surprisingly, they all participated in the games without any tears and were so excited about some of the prizes they won!  I was most excited about the whistles they all got, especially when we got back into the car! Ha! Ha!
 Nothing says Happy Halloween like a llama!
Fishing for treasures
After the Trunk or Treat, we went to a few of our friends houses.  I think the worst part of the evening was getting the girls in and out of their car seats by myself so many times.  It's amazing how annoying those costumes can be when trying to buckle a carseat! 

In the car, Eden practiced really hard saying "Trick or Treat" instead of "Shrick or Shreat" but finally chose to say "Happy Halloween!" to our friends.  It got her some candy, which in the end is the only thing that mattered!
Lily couldn't decide which piece of candy to eat, so she just chose them all!!!
We ended our evening at Granna and Granstan's house.  The kids and I were sad that Daddy didn't get to come with us, but we ended up having a fun evening together!  I was proud of myself for surviving the night without any help and have gained a huge admiration for single parents who do this on a daily basis.  The evening didn't turn out as planned but I wouldn't change anything about it!  Now if I can just stay out of the candy bowl!!

1 comment:

  1. They are all so adorable!! Lily is a hoot! Precious family!

    ReplyDelete