Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Four Years Old

My sweet, sweet Eden,
Today is finally the day you turn four!  You have been counting down the days for over a week and today we finally get to celebrate your real birthday! You are such a beautiful little girl and I enjoy spending my days with you.  You are growing way to fast and I know that I am going to blink my eyes and you will be in school with Parker, so I am trying to soak up every minute with you.  Here are some of the things I always want to remember about you at this stage in your life:

-You are still tall and skinny.  You weigh about 37 pounds and wear size 5T clothes.  I have no idea how tall you are but I noticed at preschool this week that you are the tallest girl in your class. 

-You started speech therapy back in September and are making slow but steady progress.  You love your teacher, Miss Fabiola, and are always excited to go see her on Monday and Wednesday.  You usually work hard for her but sometimes you test her by being stubborn and refusing to try.  You are working really hard on the /k/ and /g/ sounds and can often make them in isolation.  You are still working on transferring those sounds into conversations.  I am proud of all of your progress so far this year!

-You LOVE going to preschool on Tuesday/Thursday.  You love Miss Tammy and your friends Noah, Reagan, and Sara. You are quickly learning all of your letters and sounds.

-You are painfully shy and hate to be the center of attention.  There are always tears involved when someone asks you to participate in an activity that requires you to do something by yourself.  It can be frustrating at times, but I did the exact same thing when I was your age, so I know there is hope that you will outgrow it one day,  It is because of this that we have not signed you up for any sport/dance/gymnastics yet.  I'm afraid you will just sit and cry the entire time so we are going to give you a little longer to mature before we throw you into something like that.

-You are not a good eater and as hard as I try to get you to eat well, I am rarely successful.  You do not like fruit or vegetables and usually just pick at the food on your plate.  One thing you do love to eat is cereal.  You would probably eat that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I would let you.  Some of your other favorites are spaghetti, yogurt, nuts, and black olives.

-You adore Parker (or Parpar as you say it).  He is your best friend and worst enemy!  You miss him when he is at school and always look forward to him getting home so you can play.  You are starting to form a much tighter bond with Lily now that Parker is in school.  I pray that you will have a strong and unique bond with both of them throughout your life.

-You still put EVERYTHING in your mouth.  You bite your nails, chew on your blanket, and put toys in your mouth.  I am constantly telling you to "get that out of your mouth".

-You have finally started singing songs and it is music to my ears!  You sing with or without music and you sometimes make up your own songs.  You always want to sing Lily a song before I put her in bed at night. 

-You still like to play with small figures and toys like the people in your dollhouse.  Harper doll is your favorite doll and you play with her often.  You have also shown an interest in playing games like Candyland and Memory recently.

-You are still easy to parent.  You are very sensitive and do not like to get in trouble.  You are usually crying and apologizing before I even open my mouth.  You can whine with the best of them but I am hoping that will get better now that you are four.

-You are not overly affectionate but can be very generous with your kisses at bedtime. I look forward to them every night! 

You are such a joy to me, Eden!  I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you- I'm sure it is going to be great!

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment