Sunday, February 3, 2013

Lily

 
Lily is growing and changing so fast and continues to bring so much joy into our family.  She is talking up a storm and there is nothing she cannot communicate to us anymore.  She speaks in complete sentences and continues to amaze us with her speaking skills.  One thing she does that makes us laugh is call us by our first names rather than Mommy and Daddy.  "Amy, where are you?" or "Cory, can I have my milk?".  We have no idea where she picked this up and although she doesn't do it consistently, but it makes us smile every time we hear it! 
 
Lily is horribly stubborn, just like her brother (and her Mommy!).  Once she gets an idea in her head of something she wants, she will stop at nothing until she gets it.  Her latest thing is that she wants to wear Parker's pajamas to bed.  After fighting her on this for several nights, I finally decided that it wasn't worth the tantrums I was having to deal with.  I gave in because it just wasn't worth the fight.  If she doesn't care that Parker's shorts looked like pants on her or that her sleeves hung down way past her hands, then why should I?  I realize that she looks like a little boy, but as long as she doesn't want to go out in public with them on, I am not going to lose any sleep over it!  (Don't you think the mismatched socks totally complete the outfit?!?!)
Even though she looks like a boy at bedtime, she is all girl during the day!  She loves jewelry and purses.  In my opinion, you can never over accessorize!
One other thing Lily has started doing is twirling her hair.  She twirls it so much that she creates knots in her hair.  All over her head.  I am constantly untying knot after knot and sometimes have to cut them out.  I don't know what to do about it or how to get her to stop.  I'm hoping she stops on her own before she ends up creating a bald spot on her head. 
 
Finally, Lily can be quite feisty (especially with her siblings when they start annoying her) but she also has a very loving side to her.  She always wants to give Parker and Eden a kiss goodnight and I always look forward to her bear hugs.  She also has a special place in her heart for my mom/sister's dog, Brinkley.  She hugs him, gives him kisses, and snuggles with him on the couch.  She covers him up and makes sure he has food and water every day.  I love watching her interact with him- it's just so sweet!
Lily makes me smile EVERY day and  I am so thankful that I get to be her mommy!  I know I've said this before, but she is the perfect completion to our family and I can't imagine life without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment