Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Happy Valentine's Day (a few days late!)
 
We had a very busy day with lots of celebrating!  I tried very hard to get a picture of the girls in their matching outfits but Lily wasn't having any of that, so I just got one of Eden instead!
 
The kids started the morning with a little Valentine's treat from me and Cory.  I found the cute mailboxes at Target and the week leading up to Valentine's Day, the kids got a little treat every day with a note telling them how special they are to us.  They loved waking up every morning to see what was in their mailbox!
Eden had her party at preschool with some fun treats and valentine cards from all of her friends.  She couldn't wait to get home and look at all of them again. (Notice the way Eden is sitting- I've had several people tell me to not let her sit like that because it could hurt her knees, but she's done it ever since she was a baby and as much as I try, I just can't get her to stop.)
While I was trying to get lunch ready, Lily continued to throw a fit because she didn't want her picture taken.  She's at such a fun age- ha!
I finally got her calmed down and was able to get one valentine smile out of her.  Sweet girl!
After lunch, I headed up to school for Parker's party.  They kept things pretty simple with Big Red floats and trail mix.  After snacks, they opened their cards from their friends.  Parker was most excited about receiving 6 FunDips from his friends! 
After school, our neighbor Jolea came over to play and brought them all suckers that were attached to lips.  So cute!
For dinner, I tried to keep everything simple but fun.  We had pizza with heart shaped pepperoni, red jello in the shape of hearts, and red soda. 
It was a busy but fun day!  I feel so blessed that I get to be showered with love from Cory, Parker, Eden and Lily not just on Valentine's Day but every day of the year!  I am one lucky momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment