Friday, February 15, 2013

Literacy Night

TGIF!!  This has been one of the busiest weeks we've had in a long time and I am very happy to see it come to an end.  We had a different activity every day/night and my level of exhaustion is at an all time high.  I pretty much collapsed into bed every night this week, which means that blogging was put on the back burner.  Hopefully I can catch up this weekend since we don't have much planned.
 
Tuesday night was Family Literacy Night at my school.  It was the first time we have done this at Gerard and I volunteered to be the event co-chair with my friend Emily.  We have been planning and preparing for this night for over a month and were extremely busy on Monday and Tuesday getting all of the last minute details finished. 
 
It ended up being a big success and it seemed that the students and parents that attended all had a fun time.  Cory brought Parker up for the event and even though I didn't get to go to all of the activities with them, I was able to sneak away for a few minutes to get a couple of pictures.  Parker's favorites were the Book Walk, BINGO, and the Book Swap.  He left literacy night with several new books and couldn't wait to read them.  Overall, it was a big success!

No comments:

Post a Comment