Sunday, February 24, 2013

Our First Visit from the Tooth Fairy

Guess who lost his first tooth?!?!?!
Parker has been asking me for months, "When am I going to have a loose tooth?".  He has a couple of reasons for asking- 1) many of his friends have already lost several teeth and 2) he REALLY wants to sign the tooth chart at school! (Whenever you lose a tooth, you get to put your name on an "I Lost a Tooth" chart.) 
 
Last Tuesday at breakfast, he casually said, "Mom, I think my tooth is loose."  I didn't believe him but checked it just to be sure and was shocked when it really was loose.  I don't know who was more excited- him or me!  (*Side story-  I never got the thrill of losing my first tooth.  My two bottom permanent teeth started coming in behind my baby teeth so the dentist had to pull them out when I was in first grade.  In some ways, I feel like watching Parker experience this milestone helped me fulfill something that I never got to experience in my own childhood.) 
 
For three days, Parker wiggled and wiggled his tooth and by Friday night, it was barely hanging on.  He finally let Cory try and pull it Friday night but they had no luck.  Saturday morning, my parents stopped by with donuts and Granna took a try.  This time, it popped right out! 
He started running around the house and kept telling me. "Mom, I'm so excited that I can't even eat my donut!".  He couldn't wait to call Cory and tell him!
Parker was so excited to put his tooth under his pillow and was even more excited when the tooth fairy left him two dollars! 
He's already been checking his other teeth for another one that might be loose and I have a feeling that it might not be very long!  He looks like such a big kid with his missing tooth.  Just one more reminder of how quickly he is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment