Sunday, April 7, 2013

Eden's Preschool Easter Egg Hunt

Eden had her Easter egg hunt at preschool the Thursday before Easter.  She was so excited about this hunt and talked about it for several days leading up to it.  Eden has been struggling lately with being anxious and crying in new situations, so I wasn't sure how the hunt would go.  When I arrived, she was listening to directions from her teacher about where they could/could not hunt and she seemed very excited. 
When I asked Eden if she wanted me to help her hunt, she quickly told me that she wanted her teacher, Miss Tammy, to help her.  As they started, she stayed very close to Miss Tammy for the first few minutes and then she was off!  She ran all around looking for her numbered eggs and didn't ask for any help at all. 
   
She easily found all twelve of her eggs and put them in her egg carton.  I was so proud that she was brave enough to finish the hunt independently and without any tears.  That is definitely a small victory for her right now.
After the hunt, they went to recess and Lily got to join them.  I don't think we are going to have any trouble with Lily being ready for preschool here in a couple of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment