Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lily's First Dentist Visit

All three kids had dentist appointments the week after spring break.  I scheduled all three appointments on the same day at the same time, because who wants to go through that torture more than once!  And yes, I made sure it was a day that Cory could go with me.  I'm efficient, not crazy!
 
Parker hopped right up on the exam table, made small talk with the hygienist, and had his teeth cleaned like a pro.  Again...where has my baby gone?!?!  He had a great checkup with no cavities and found out that four of his teeth are starting to loosen.  I hope the Tooth Fairy is saving up!
In an effort to let Lily watch what she was about to do, Eden decided to be a good big sister and go next.  She chose her sunglasses and with a little hesitation allowed the hygienist to start her cleaning.  Lily watched every little move with a lot of curiosity during Eden's cleaning.  Eden also had a great checkup with no cavities.  (I'm so thankful that so far the kids are taking after me and not their daddy when it comes to their dental genes!)
Last up was Lily.  She was not thrilled about it finally being her turn and almost started putting up a fight until the wonderful hygienist suggested that Eden sit and assist her with the cleaning.  Lily thought this was a great idea and became the most cooperative two year old I have ever seen!  She picked out her glasses, laid down on the table, and didn't make a peep the rest of the cleaning.
We were even able to get x-rays of her teeth without any trouble!
After they were all finished, the hygienist let the girl's "clean" the snake's teeth, which they both thought was very fun!  I'm thinking we may have a couple of dentists in our future!
The kid's checkups went much better than I ever expected and I was very happy about no cavities x 3. We love how wonderful our dentist and her entire staff were with all three of our kids and look forward to seeing them again at our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment