Saturday, April 27, 2013

Six Years Old

Parker,
This time last year I couldn't believe you were turning five and now, just a short 365 days later, you are turning six!  I can't believe I have a six year old and an almost-first grader.  Every year, I am reminded how quickly the years go by!  I can't wait to celebrate with you today and hope you always know how my life changed for the better 6 years ago when you joined our family!  Here are some of the things I always want to remember about you at this stage in your life.

-You are one of the tallest kids in your class.  I can't wait to see your current weight/height at your checkup next week.  You are wearing size 6/7 shirts and have just moved into size 7 pants.  You are wearing a size 2 shoe.

-If you like what I serve, you can eat A LOT, but you are known for looking at something and saying "I don't like this" without even trying it.  Some of your favorite things to eat right now are spaghetti, chips and queso, tacos, cheese sandwiches, and most fruits.  Vegetables are still not your favorite although you are getting better about eating a few bites when I ask you to.

-Your favorite things to do are play baseball and play video games and you are passionate about both of them.  You are still playing tball and you have improved so much in all areas this season (running, hitting, throwing, catching).  You not only love playing baseball but watching it too.  Watching the Texas Rangers with Daddy is one of your favorite things to do this time of year.  You also love playing your video games after you finish your homework every day.  Your favorite games right now are Skylanders, Ratchet and Clank, Mario Kart, Rayman, and Super Mario Galaxy.   

-You are doing so well in school.  You are reading on a second grade level and recently qualified for the GT program.  You love Mrs. Pritchard and always look forward to going to school.  It's hard to believe that your first year of school is almost over.  Some of your best friends this year are Trip, Cole, Creed, and Matthew.

-You are a great sleeper but refuse to sleep in on the weekends.  You are always awake at 7 o'clock sharp on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping that will change once summer comes!

-The two things that you still have not learned to do are ride your bike and tie your shoes.  I'm hoping this will be the year that you finally master both of these things!

-You love to draw and color and can spend hours working on a picture.  You recently won a coloring contest that was in the local newspaper and got a $25 gift card as a prize.

-You continue to be a great big brother and have a very unique bond with both Eden and Lily.  You and Eden are polar opposites and you are Lily are so much alike, so it's fun to see how different your relationships are with each of them.

It's fun for me to think back to the day you were born.  You changed our lives in so many ways that day and I never knew that I could love someone so unconditionally.  You have not always been easy to parent but I wouldn't change anything about you, especially when I see your passion coming through in everything you do.  You have become a wonderful little boy and we are so proud of you!  I can't wait to see what is in store for you as you start another year of life.  I'm so blessed to be your Mom! 

I love you to the moon and back! Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment