Friday, July 19, 2013

Legoland

Last Tuesday, I woke up and decided that I wanted to take the kids to do something fun after Cory got off of work.  It was extremely spur of the moment but Cory agreed that since we weren't going on a family vacation with the kids this summer, we should take them on a few staycations.  As I brainstormed about where we could go that was local (within an hour drive) and would appeal to all three of our kids, the one place that popped into my head was LEGOLAND at the Grapevine Mills Mall.  I had heard good things about LEGOLAND from several friends so we loaded up the car and headed out for a fun family evening. 
 
We got to the mall right around dinnertime and decided to eat at the food court before we went inside.  The first thing the kids spotted was the "merry round" and they immediately begged to ride it.  Because it was our staycation, Cory said "Of course!".  They were thrilled!
While we waited to go inside, the girls played with a Lego board and Eden was so proud that she found all the letters in her name.    
We realized as soon as we walked in that we had picked a great night to come.  There were no crowds and no lines for the rides.  The first thing Parker wanted to do was drive the Lego cars.  I tried my hardest to get Eden to ride with him, but she refused, even though there were only a few other kids in line.  Unfortunately, Lily wasn't tall enough to ride so we all sat and watched Parker enjoy the ride.

Next, Parker wanted to ride the Kingdom Quest ride.  Again, Eden refused.  Since I didn't want to spend the entire evening watching Parker from the sidelines, I did what any good parent would do.  I picked her up screaming and crying and drug her on the ride with us.  And guess what?!?! She ended up loving it!!! 
While Cory and Parker rode the next ride, I played in the toddler area with the girls. 
Parker and Eden were also excited to play on the Fire Academy playscape.  Again, Lily was not tall enough and was so disappointed.  She cried and cried so I tried to get her mind off of it by helping her build a car and racing it on the tracks.  Parker joined us not too long after we started racing.
After we had done everything once, the kids started asking to do it all over again.  The employees told us that on busy days, you are not allowed to go on the rides more than once.  The night we were there, there were no crowds so we were able to ride everything as many times as we wanted.  I think Parker and Cory rode the Kingdom Quest ride at least ten times. 

The one ride that I really wanted Eden to try was the Merlin's Apprentice ride.  I knew that if she would try it, she would love it.  After asking her about every 5 minutes, she finally said yes!  Before she could change her mind, we buckled her in and got her to give us her signature thumbs up!  Thankfully, Lily was finally tall enough to ride as long as she was with a parent, which thrilled her to pieces.  She is such a risk taker and loves to try new things so I knew she would love it! 
And I'm happy to report that Eden loved it too! We ended up riding it over and over again until they finally kicked us out at closing time. 
We had such a fun evening with the kids and could not have picked a better night to go!  Now that Lily is potty trained, going on outings is getting so much easier.  We've already got a few more outings planned for this summer and I don't know who is more excited- me or the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment