Tuesday, March 3, 2015

February Little Things

This is how I feel about the fact that February is already over!
Maybe it was because we were so busy, but I can't believe how quickly the month passed!
We enjoyed several birthday parties, including Creed's sports themed party.  The boys met at the middle school football field and enjoyed playing football and soccer together and cooking out hot dogs.  The weather could not have been more perfect that day so we took the girls and all enjoyed a day being outside.
I caught Eden being goofy before bed one night!  I "moustache" you to read me a bedtime story!
On our way to the airport to leave for our ski trip, my mom texted me a picture of Eden's writing from school that day.  "My mommy and daddy are going to Colorado on an airplane." 
Lily still enjoys going to Mr. Reed's Sonlight Express on Wednesdays with Granna.  On sunny days, she loves to stay after and play on the playground with her sweet friend Dylann.
The girls decided one night to help me with the dishes after dinner.  They worked so diligently to get all the dishes rinsed and put in the dishwasher.  I think I could get used to this kind of help!
Eden is our early riser and still gets up every Saturday by 7am.  Because I want to sleep in a little later than that, I allow her to get the iPad and play games until I get up.  One unusual Saturday, Eden slept in so Lily took the iPad and placed it by her bedroom door so it would be waiting for her when she woke up.  Sweet sister!
Not only did Eden win her first trophy at the derby car races, she also won a cup of jellybeans at AWANAs after her guess was the closest to the actual number in the cup. She was so excited about winning and was so sweet to share her winnings with the whole family.
Because of the cold weather towards the end of the month, we spent a lot of time playing inside.  The girls enjoyed playing some games that we haven't played in a while.
The also enjoyed playing dress up.  Eden made a great Spiderman one day!
Dr. Martin received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Texas Optometry Association so Cory drove down to Austin with Heath and Dr. Wedel to attend the awards banquet.  I'd say they all clean up quite nicely!
The kids had fun bringing all of their blankets and pillows into the living room and sitting/reading/playing in front of the fire on the cold snow days!
February ended with some crazy winter weather and I have to admit I'm looking forward to the warmer temperatures that March is sure to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment