Sunday, March 1, 2015

Valentine's Day Parties

Another thing we missed while we were gone were the kid's Valentine's Day parties at school.  I hated being away for so many special events but since Dr. Ranelle chooses the dates of our trip, I had no control over what we missed.  Luckily, Granna stepped up and did a great job filling my shoes while I was gone! 
 
Lily had a small party in her preschool class.  Due to lack of room in her classroom, parents are not invited to the party, so we got a few pics of her before she left for school.  She was so excited about passing out her valentines to her friends!
And of course she had to have a picture with one of her best friends...Brinkley!  She loves that dog so much!
Parker's party was the one that I was most stressed about missing because I am room mother.  Luckily, Mrs. Humphreys likes to keep her parties pretty low key and I was able to do most of the planning before I left.  Parker's class was reading books about Clifford the Big Red Dog so we made that the theme of the party.  We served puppy chow and dog bone cookies and had Big Red soda to drink.  Instead of plates, each child got a dog bowl with their name on it!  It was a simple but fun party and my mom said the kids had a lot of fun!
Mrs. Humphreys surprised her class with drinks from Sonic on the morning of the party!  Parker got a root beer to drink throughout the day!
I asked a friend of mine to make the dog bone cookies for our party and she decided to go above and beyond what I asked for.  She also made these adorable Clifford cookies in addition to the dog bones!  SO CUTE!!

Eden's party was pretty low key too!  We made her a kitty cat box for her valentines that turned out very cute!  She loved looking at all the valentines from her friends!
How many hearts can she stack up before they fall down?!?!
I am so thankful for my mom for helping with all three Valentine's Day parties while we were gone!  I know they all had a great time celebrating with their friends at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment