Monday, March 2, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

I hated that I couldn't be with the kids on Valentine's Day this year, but I knew my mom would make it a special day for them.  On Friday night, Emily and the kids came over for dinner and they all got to make their own heart-shaped pizza. 
They also decorated Valentine's cookies that Granna and Lily had made earlier in the day and made a special Valentine's Day hat!
On Saturday morning, the kids went to breakfast with Grandma and Papa and the got to go out to their house to play for the afternoon.  Before they left, Granna gave them a Valentine surprise from me and Cory.
On Sunday morning, Parker woke up with the stomach bug.  When Granna and the girls went to Kroger to get him some crackers and Gatorade, they were offered a FREE Valentine's balloon.  Of course they chose the biggest balloons in the store!
Every morning while we were gone on our trip, Granna made a special breakfast for the kids, including heart shaped cinnamon rolls, heart shaped muffins, and heart shaped pancakes.  She spoils them for sure!
I was sad to be away from the kids over Valentine's Day but I don't think they missed us one little bit!  I am so thankful that my parents are willing to watch them for a few day so Cory and I can get away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment