Monday, November 20, 2017

9 Years Old

My beautiful Eden,
     Today you turn 9 years old!  You are growing into a wonderful young lady and I'm so proud to be your mom! Here are a few things I want to remember about you as you celebrate another year:

- You continue to be one of the tallest in your class.  I'm anxious to see how tall you are at your well check next week.  You wear size 10/12 clothes and size 4/5 shoes.

- You are having a great 3rd grade year and love going to school! You would go to school 365 days a year if I let you! You love your teacher and friends and can't wait to see them every morning!

- You are so kind and encouraging to others and have so many friends, many who are boys,  Every day as I'm leaving school, I watch you play at recess and most days you are playing with a group of boys.  Some of your favorite friends are Laila, Lacey, Reagan, Tai, Grace, Cooper, Isahi, and Carson.

- You are still unsure of yourself in new situations but warm up quicker than you used to.  You are still not a risk taker when you are in large groups but are getting much better at trying new things.  You are one of the bravest girls I know and I'm so proud of you when you face your fears and show others your amazing ideas!

-You are still not a risk taker when it comes to food!  You love your carbs and beans but still are hesitant to try fruits and vegetables.  Thank goodness for applesauce- it's the only fruit I can get you to eat consistently.

- You are so sweet and have such a loving heart!  You love to give hugs and kisses and tell us how much you love us!  Every night at bedtime you can't go to sleep until you've told us: "I love you to the moon and back.  You're the best mom/dad I could ever had. I'm glad you're in my family. You're awesome, cool, and amazing."  Every. Single. Night.  No exceptions!

- You are doing so well at piano and I definitely think we've found your talent.  I love listening to you learn new songs every week.  I hope you will choose to stick with piano for many more years.

- You continue to be an early riser on the weekends.  You definitely don't need as much sleep as your siblings.

- You like to play with friends/cousins but you also like to be alone and play in your room by yourself.  You love to play with small toys like Shopkins and Littlest Pet Shops and you can play for hours with them.

You are such a fun girl and have an infectious laugh that brightens my day! I am so glad that God gifted me with you!  Mommy and Daddy are so proud of how courageous you are and can't wait to see how you grow and change over the next year!  Happy Birthday sweet girl!

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment