Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Grammy

Heaven rejoiced tonight as my wonderful Grammy entered into her forever home! She is now at peace and although we are hurting and sad, we would not want it to be any other way.

My Grammy was such an amazing woman! She had 8 kids in 9 years (with no multiples!) and lived to tell about it. What an inspiration to me as a mom of two little ones to know that if she can survive all of those tantrums, runny noses, and dirty diapers, I can survive them too!

My dad is the oldest of the 8 siblings. There were 2 girls and 6 boys. Bless my Grammy's heart-she must have had the patience of a thousand saints not to go crazy with that many boys in the house!! (That or a good pair of earplugs!!)

My dad has always been such a wonderful son to my Grammy, but especially so over the past few years when her health started failing. He was faithful to call her EVERY night at 9 o'clock to check on her. He drove to see her every other weekend and would often just sit in the nursing home visiting with her all afternoon. I can only hope that one day Parker will take as good care of me as my dad has taken of my Grammy.

Below is one of my favorite pictures of me with Grammy. It was taken at one of my baby showers when I was pregnant with Parker. It was the last time that Grammy was able to travel to Cleburne. I remember feeling so happy that day that she was able to come and share in my shower with me.

I feel so lucky to have been blessed with such a wonderful grandmother. She will be truly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment