Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Midlothian Fall Festival

Saturday we drove over to Midlothian for their annual Fall Festival. Cory's clinic always sets up a booth and we thought the kids would enjoy some of the activities. The kids were starving when we got there and all three were crying by the time we walked to the clinic's booth. I thought we might have to turn right back around and head home. Luckily, some nachos fixed them right up and they were ready to head to the bounce houses. Parker and Eden both climbed into the bounce house with excitement. After a few minutes, I realized that I had seen Parker sliding down several times, but had not seen Eden at all. When I asked Parker where she was, he told me she had gotten scared at the top of the slide and would not come down.

Sure enough, when I looked up, there she sat, frozen in the corner of the bounce house. She would not come down no matter how hard I tried. I was by myself at this point because Cory was working in the booth. Lily was hanging out in the stroller and I did not want to leave her to climb up and get Eden. Finally, after at least 5 more minutes of trying to coax Eden down, I had to leave Lily in the care of one of the bounce house workers and climb all the way up to retrieve her.

We decided to spend the rest of our time in the bounce house without a slide and they both had a blast! I let Lily get down and cruise around the stroller while I watched the other two kids, which made her happy too!



On the way to the car, we passed by the horses and Parker asked to ride them. He enjoyed it for about three times around the circle and then decided he was ready to get off.
Eden had just gotten some candy so she passed up riding the horses to enjoy her sweet treat!
After Parker got off his horse, we let Lily go over and pet him. She thought it was very funny and giggled every time she touched him. Maybe next year she will be big enough to ride too.
We had a good time on Saturday but quickly realized that we are definitely NOT ready to take three kids to something as big as the state fair! I think we will stick to small town festivals for a few more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment