Saturday, October 22, 2011

One Year Old

Lily-

You turn one year old today! This time last year you came into this world and completed our family. You have been such a wonderful baby and I have had so much fun watching you grow and change over the past 12 months. While I am sad that this year is over, I am excited to watch as you turn into a toddler. Here are some things I want to remember about you as we celebrate your birthday today.
-You are still a big girl! You are wearing 18 month clothes and size 5 diapers. I think you weigh about 23 pounds and am anxious to see your stats at your checkup in a couple of weeks.
-You still have 6 teeth- 4 on top and 2 on bottom.
-You can say one word- "uh-oh". You say it anytime you drop something on the floor.
-You are still not walking and are showing few signs that you will be walking soon. You are perfectly happy to crawl wherever you need to go.
-You have become quite the climber this past month. You love to climb up on the fireplace, into your coupe car, and today at your birthday party, you climbed into the bounce house all on your own. You have no fear at this point in your life and I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing!
-You are very sensitive and get your feelings hurt very easily. Anytime you are upset, you lay flat on the floor and cry huge tears. You are going to have to toughen up if you are going to keep up with your brother and sister!
-You love to eat! I always love this stage of eating because you will pretty much eat anything I give you. You still like to be independent when you eat and are happy as long as I am not trying to feed you. You have learned to drink from a straw and one of your new favorites is drinkable yogurt. Now that you are one, I am anxious to see if you like eggs. Hopefully, you will continue to be a good eater as you get bigger.
- You adore your siblings and they adore you! You are happiest when you are playing with Parker and Eden. One of your favorite things to do right now is go with me to wake them up in the morning. You start smiling, waving, and "talking" as soon as I start opening their doors. My prayer is that you will always have a close relationship with them throughout your life.
-Your favorite toy right now is the coupe car. You can climb into it on your own but can only "drive" it backwards. You also love for Parker to take you on rides all around the house.
-You have learned how to take you diaper off by yourself which makes changing you diaper a challenge. By the time I reach for your pants, you have it off! This means that you must be wearing either pants or bloomers at all times!
-You are such a momma's girl right now. Although it can be a pain, I know it won't last forever so I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible. You love to give me hugs and kisses and one is never enough. When you give me a kiss, it's always followed by another. And another. And another!
-You love to be outside but don't like to crawl in the grass. You have a modified crawl that looks like a bear crawl that you use anytime you are outside.
You are so precious and I am constantly thanking God for your sweet, happy, easy-going personality. You have brought me so much joy this year and I feel so blessed to be your mommy. I pray that the upcoming year will be filled with many more wonderful milestones and memories.

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment