Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We had a nice, relaxing St. Patrick's Day at home.  I tried to do a few fun things for the kids today that mostly centered around eating green foods.  We started off our day with green pancakes. 
For lunch, we had green jello, key lime yogurt, green sour cream and onion chips, green apples, green beans, and shamrock shaped sandwiches. 
For snack, we enjoyed green pudding!
After lunch, the kids helped me make shamrock shaped cookies.  We also used our P, E, & L cookie cutters which the kids loved!
After dinner, we decorated our cookies with green icing and green sprinkles.  Eden got a little carried away with her sprinkles and as she started to eat her cookie she said, "It's too much!"
Lily was all about the icing.  She didn't even care that I wouldn't let her ice her own cookie.  She just wanted to eat it!  That girl loves to eat!
It was nice to plan some fun, out of the ordinary things for the kids today.  It is often hard for me to do special things when I am working, but St. Patrick's Day usually falls at the end of spring break so I have all week to plan and get things organized.  It's back to work on Monday, which means if I am going to do anything special for Easter in a few weeks, I had better start planning now!

No comments:

Post a Comment