Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mother/Daughter Pedicures

Four years ago, when I found out that we were expecting a little girl, thoughts of pink, bows, shopping for wedding dresses and getting mother/daughter pedicures immediately filled my mind.  I've been patiently waiting for Eden to be old enough to go with me to the nail salon, and yesterday my wait was finally over!

When I asked Eden if she wanted to go with me, she immediately said, "YES!".  And when I asked her in the car what color she wanted to paint her toes, she immediately said, "BLUE!".  This girl knows what she wants!!

When we got to the salon, she picked out her blue nail polish and climbed up into her chair.  I was a little nervous when the "lady" (that's what Eden called her) came over and asked her to scoot up to the edge of the chair.  Eden has a tendency to be very excited at first and then back out when it comes time to follow through with the task.  I was so proud of her when she followed the "lady's" request without even flinching.  Or maybe she just takes after her momma and did what the lady asked because she didn't really understand exactly what the lady was asking!
Eden was quiet, still and cooperative the entire time she got her toes painted.  She was so still that I'm not even sure she blinked!  When she was done, she kept asking me, "Where is my lady?".
Here is the final product! 
Because it was Eden's first pedicure, I splurged and let her get a flower on her big toes too!  She was so proud of her pedicure and could not wait to get home to show Daddy, Parker and Lily.  I can't wait until Lily is big enough to go with us but have quickly realized that this is going to get really expensive, really fast!  I still wouldn't trade the mother/daughter time together for anything! I love being a mom of girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment