Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary!



Cory and I celebrated our 11th anniversary this past weekend! Oh, how quickly the years fly by! It seems like it was just yesterday that we were saying "I do". My parents offered to keep the kids for a night so we took them up on the offer. This is the first time that we have been gone from the kids overnight since Parker was born 2 years ago, and it was way overdue! It was so nice to get away from changing diapers, nursing, crying and whining and have some uninterrupted time together. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and was glad to come home on Sunday, but it was very refreshing to have some much needed time away.
We decided to head up to the Grapevine area and stay at the Gaylord Texan. (For all of you teachers out there...they have a $99 special for teachers this summer.) We first went to the Grapevine Mills mall for a little shopping before dinner. I told Cory before we got there that I wasn't going to shop for the kids at all, and I stayed true to my word. It was so nice getting to try on clothes without having to worry about Parker trying to crawl out of the dressing room or Eden needing to nurse.
We then went to dinner at The Melting Pot. It is a fondue restaurant that my sister recommended. The food was good and the dessert was incredible! I could have skipped the entire meal and gone straight to dessert! We will definitely have to go back there again.
At breakfast the next morning, I got to see a friend of mine from college who was also there celebrating her anniversary. She lives in Amarillo so I do not get to see her very often. It was great getting to visit with her and her husband.
The weekend was great... I just wish it could have been longer! As always, I had so much fun hanging out with Cory. He truly is my best friend and I can not imagine my life without him. We have been through a lot together in the past 11 years, some good and some not so good, but I always know that I can count on him to be right there by my side no matter what the situation. I can't wait to see what the next 11 years have in store for us.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had a great weekend away. The Melting Pot has the BEST dessert! Who can pass up chocolate?

    ReplyDelete