Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Low Key Week

We just finished up a low key week due to Eden potty training and Lily not feeling well. Lily started running a low grade fever on Wednesday and I knew she didn't feel well when she was literally playing in between my legs one minute and then sleeping on my leg the next. My kids just don't do that. I've heard of kids who fall asleep while they are eating dinner or while they are playing, but my kids stay on such a strict schedule for their naps and bedtimes that they just don't fall asleep at random times and places. It was just so sweet to see Lily laying there sleeping so peacefully but I hated that she didn't feel well. We finally took her to the pediatrician on Friday and they thought it was just a virus. I'm so glad she is finally feeling better.
Some things that kept us busy during our low key week were a visit by the friendly neighborhood turtle who visited us after breakfast one morning. Eden and Parker both thought it was pretty funny to knock on his shell! (Don't worry, Cory checked to make sure it wasn't a snapping turtle before he let them near it.)
We have also spent A LOT of time coloring. Parker is very into coloring right now. He will often spend an hour creating his own pictures or coloring the color pages that I brought home from school for him to do this summer. He has really been trying to stay in the lines when he colors and was so proud of this one. He asked me several times to take a picture of it! I love watching his attention span grow. It is nice to see that he can now stay on one task for a longer period of time.
Finally, due to the horrible 100+ degree temperatures every day, the kids have been spending lots of time playing in the playroom. One of their favorite toys continues to be the ball popper that we bought Parker when he was about a year old. If you have small children and don't have this toy, you should get it! It is probably the best $20 we have ever spent on a toy. Parker and Eden never seem to get tired of it and it is quickly becoming one of Lily's favorites too!

We don't have a lot on our schedule this week either which is fine with me! This summer is going way too fast and I am loving all of the time I am getting to spend with my sweet babies! Before I know it, school will be starting up again (school supplies are already out at Wal-Mart- ugh!) and our lazy days together will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment