Friday, July 22, 2011

Nine Months Old

Wow! What a busy month this has been for you, Lily! Here are some of the highlights from this month:

-You are still wearing 12 month clothes and size 4 diapers. When you were sick last week, we took you to the doctor and you weighed over 21 pounds. I am very anxious to see how much you weigh at your 9 month check up next week. - Your biggest accomplishment this month has been learning to crawl. You are getting faster every day and I am enjoying the new freedom it has given you. Parker and Eden still think it is pretty cool that you can move around but I am sure they will soon change their minds when you start getting into all of their stuff!
-You are a semi-picky eater. You are not a huge fan of baby food and prefer to eat whatever we are eating. You will sometimes tolerate baby food but only if it has been warmed in the microwave. What a princess!! Since you prefer table food, I have had to get creative on how to make our food safe for you to eat. This will be much easier when you finally get some more teeth! Some of your favorites are bananas, diced carrots, green beans, avocados, cheese, biscuits, pancakes, muffins, and cinnamon rolls.

- One of the newest things you are doing is waving hello. You do this by sticking your arm straight up in the air when you see someone you know.-One of the funniest things that you do is put your hands behind your head when you want to relax! You have always slept with your hands behind your head, but now you do it when we are holding your in our laps or when you are in your car seat.
- You still sleep great at night and your daytime naps are improving a little bit. You will usually sleep at least an hour in the afternoon and some days I get lucky and you sleep for an hour and a half.
-You still only have two bottom teeth but you have been very fussy this week and have woken up a few times in the middle of the night so I think you are getting close to cutting your two top teeth. I hope they come in quickly because I do not like seeing you so uncomfortable and unhappy. Thank goodness for Tylenol!
-You have started giving me "kisses" when I ask for one. It is actually more like an open mouth slobber kiss, but I still love it!

I have enjoyed being home with you this summer so much and I dread thinking about going back to school next month. Because I am with you all day long right now, you are becoming quite a momma's girl. You are such a joy to me and I am so thankful to be your mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment