Friday, July 1, 2011

Splash Pad

I feel like we have been going non stop all week and I am so behind on blogging about all the fun things we have been doing. Hopefully things will slow down after the holiday weekend and I will be able to catch up!

Before school was out, my good friend Emily discovered a new splash pad in our area and I was so excited when I found out that she and Jackson were going this week. We've been trying to get together to play all summer but just can't seem to find a good time. The splash pad was perfect because we all stayed cool in this horrible heat and I did not have to worry about the kids drowning. I actually felt like Emily and I were able to talk and catch up while our kids played together.

Parker and Eden did not know what to think about the splash pad at first and neither one wanted to get in the water. Thank goodness Eden was quick to warm up and it didn't take long before she was having a blast with Jackson.
Parker, like always, was just so difficult. He wouldn't put on his swimsuit, told me in the car that he didn't want to go, and then proceeded to sit on the bench crying for the first 15 minutes that we were there. I finally got fed up, picked him up and carried him into the water. It took a few minutes and a few more tears, but he finally decided that he loved it. (He never did put his swimsuit on, but that was a battle I just wasn't willing to fight!)
Miss Lily, my bathing beauty, couldn't decide what she thought about the splash pad. She went back and forth from loving it...
to hating it!
Most of the time, as long as I was sitting in the water with her, she did great and she even did a pretty good job of keeping her hat on.
Parker and Jackson were both so funny to watch! Their favorite thing to do was to karate chop the water as it shot up out of the ground. Hi-ya!
We had a great time and the kids were worn out by the time we left. We will definitely have to plan another trip to the splash pad this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment