Thursday, June 13, 2013

Birthday Celebration #1

Emily and I celebrated our 36th birthday this past Tuesday. 
We had two different family celebrations that were very different but equally fun! We started on Sunday with dinner at Joe T Garcia's.  In order to get seated immediately (which is very important when feeding six hungry kids under six), we could only have our table for an hour due to them needing the table for a later reservation.  It ended up being great because we got served quickly and there was very little down time to have to entertain six squirmy kids.
 Our loves!
 
 
After dinner, we let the kids throw pennies into the wishing fountain.  Parker's wish was for a pet of his very own.  I told him that as soon as my wish of winning the lottery came true, I'd let him get a pet- ha!
After dinner, we headed over to Central Market for cake, presents, and playing on the playground.  As always, the kids had a great time playing together, except for the kid who slugged Ryan for no reason and taught my kids the new word "butthead".  (Gotta love parents who don't watch their kids on public playscapes!)
 The cake balls were a hit, especially with Lily who ended up wearing more than she ate!
 The ice cream was also a favorite.  Do you think Ryan liked his ice cream?!?!?
I was so excited to get a Kindle from Cory and the kids.  I've been wanting one for a while and can't wait to take it on our cruise next week.
Spending my birthday with my family was all I wanted.  Everything else was icing on the cake.  And I'm so thankful that I get to share my birthday with Emily- my womb mate, sister, and friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment