Monday, June 24, 2013

Parkerisms, Edenisms, and Our Very First Lilyisms

Parkerisms
Parker is not saying as many funny things as he gets older, but every now and then he comes up with something that makes us laugh.

One day as we were driving to a baseball game, I was trying to talk to Eden about eating more healthy snacks, because she usually refuses to eat fruits and vegetables.  She told me she wanted some CheezIts and I was explaining to her that those aren't very healthy.  From the backseat, Parker very seriously yelled out,  "Mom, CheezIts are healthy... they start with CHEESE!".


Edenisms
Scoop over = scoot over

Runroader = roadrunner

As we were driving to swim lessons last week, Eden out of the blue said, "Mom, there are a lot of mailboxes in this town".  It's as if she had never even noticed that every. single. house in town had a mailbox sitting in front of it.


Lilyisms
I absolutely LOVE this stage of language development.  There are so many things that a two year old messes up and no matter how many times you correct them, they are still going to say it their way.  It's almost sad when they finally figure it out and start to say it the right way.  Some of my favorites from Lily right now are:

I dum = I'm done.

I doke = I'm cold.

Scoop over = scoot over (I don't know who started saying this first, Lily or Eden, but it stuck and now they both say it wrong)

Swimsoup = swimsuit (I LOVE this one! And since we are swimming almost every day, we hear this one quite often.)

haysnack = haystack (another favorite right now, especially since there are a lot of "haysnacks" in the field near our house)

Lily has inherited her brother's knack for mixing up compound words. (Remember when he called a suitcase a casesuit and a headache an achehead?)  One day after the zoo, we stopped to get a milkshake from Chick.Fil.A and from the backseat, she started shouting, "I want some shaky milk! I want some shaky milk!".

Out of the mouth of babes!  I can't wait to see what they come up with next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment