Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Reward Time for Eden!

A few months ago, Eden went through a rough period where she cried everywhere we went (church, preschool, gymnastics, speech, AWANAs... you get the picture!). We were at a loss on how to help her and believe me, we tried everything we could think of.  Then one Sunday, her Sunday School teacher brought a necklace and told Eden that if she didn't cry, she could have the necklace.  For the first time in weeks, Eden made it though class without a tear!  When we got home, I decided to pull out the tried and trusted sticker reward chart.  We told Eden that every time she went to an activity and didn't cry, she could earn a sticker for her chart. 
 
It didn't take Eden long to fill up her chart.  I'm happy to report that she went four weeks without crying once!  It has completely changed our lives and she is feeling so much more confident everywhere she goes.  She tells me all the time how brave she is and I am so proud of her accomplishment.
I gave several choices about what she wanted for her reward (ice cream, pedicure, etc.) and she chose to go with me and Lily to the salon to have her toes painted.  I asked her if she wanted to go alone with just me but she insisted that we wait until Lily woke up from her nap so she could go too.  Sweet sisters!
 
Eden picked out purple polish and Lily chose blue.  Eden wanted Lily to go first and although she was a little hesitant, Lily loved it! She sat so still for the man and was excited to choose a flower to go on her big toe.  Eden went next and after asking for a giraffe to be painted on her toe, finally settled on a flower too!
 
I am so thankful that God gave me two beautiful little girls to enjoy these fun things with!  And I'm so proud of Eden for filling up her reward chart so quickly!  What a fun way to start our summer together!

No comments:

Post a Comment