Tuesday, October 20, 2009

11 Months Old

The day before Parker turned 11 months old, I found out that I was pregnant with Eden. It is so hard to believe that the beautiful baby girl that was forming inside of me at that time is now turning 11 months old herself!

I am really having a hard time thinking about Eden turning a year old in just a few short weeks. I don't remember feeling this way when Parker turned one. Maybe because I was having such horrible morning all day sickness that I didn't have time to think about it.

Here's what Eden has been up to this month:

Eden's biggest accomplishment this month is that she has started taking some steps. She is not walking yet, but I don't think it will be long. You can often find her "walking" down the hall using the walls to help her balance. You can tell she really wants to walk, but she just can't quite put it all together yet. She is pretty consistently taking 3-5 steps at a time and has even made it up to 10 steps.Eden is still having a few eating issues. I wouldn't call her a picky eater, but she definitely wants to be in control of what goes in her mouth. She has not let me use a spoon to feed her all month. If she can't put it in her mouth, it's not going in there! I feel bad that she is missing out on things like yogurt or applesauce, but she just turns her head and refuses to open up anytime I offer something on a spoon. Hopefully she will learn how to manipulate the spoon herself very soon.

One funny thing about Eden is that one of the only things she will eat for breakfast is cheese toast. I am not sure why she likes it, but she eats cheese toast probably 5-6 mornings a week. We have offered pancakes, oatmeal, cereal, and cinnamon toast, but she just throws them on the floor. This past Sunday she ate half of a pancake and we were all amazed!
Eden continues to be a happy, easy going little girl. She is content to sit and play by herself but she loves to play with other people too. Every time I pick her up in the church nursery they always comment on how good or easy or happy she is. I always tell them that I know and that I don't take it for granted!


She is such a climber. She can now climb on and off chairs, steps, her tricycle, the dishwasher, and the fireplace as well as in and out of drawers. We have to always be watching her because she is always trying to get into something.



She still loves to give kisses and can now understand when you ask her for a kiss. She is usually not stingy with her kisses and will give them to anyone who asks.


Eden's naps have drastically improved this month. Her short 30-45 minute afternoon naps have consistently become 1 1/2 to 2 hour naps.

She still only has 3 teeth, two on bottom and one on top.

And finally, much to her mother's dismay, one of Eden's new favorite things to do is crawl over to the dog's water bowl and dump it all over herself and the floor. She is so quiet (we often call her our ninja) that we never hear her until it is too late. She LOVES water and wants to play in it all of the time. I try really hard not to get upset with her, but when we are changing outfits for the third or fourth time in one day, it is sometimes quite frustrating!

What a fun and exciting month it has been! I am looking forward to the next few weeks as Eden completes the first year of her life. I am sure the upcoming month will be full of emotions for me as I watch my baby turn into a toddler!

1 comment: