Friday, October 16, 2009

Gerard Fall Festival

Every year, my school has a fall festival. We took Parker to it last year and it was not a successful evening. For starters, I was 8 months pregnant and could barely pick him up. It was so crowded that you could not walk down the hall without bumping into what felt like hundreds of people. It was hot and Parker was miserable in his costume. Needless to say, we did not enjoy ourselves.

I told myself that we were not going to attempt it again this year because I didn't feel like fighting the crowds or exposing the kids to so many germs after they had been sick this week. But when dinner was finished at 6:00 and we still had 2 hours to fill until bedtime, I changed my mind.

We ended up having a great time together. The crowds were much more manageable this year. It was crowded but not insanely crowded like last year. We also decided to skip the costumes this year which helped so much. Instead, Eden wore her Halloween tutu and looked so cute!

Parker had a lot of fun playing the games, especially the ones that involved throwing balls. We did the football toss (twice), the basketball toss (twice), the bean bag toss, the hula hoop ball toss...you get the idea! He also enjoyed some watered-down-cheese nachos that were so bad that even I passed on them.
Football toss

Hula hoop ball toss

Duck pond

Other exciting news...after we got home, Eden was standing near the island in the kitchen. She all of a sudden started walking toward me and took at least 10 steps before she fell! Her balance has improved dramatically just in the past 24 hours and I really think she will be walking by the end of the week. It's hard to believe she is big enough to be walking. It seems like we just brought her home from the hospital. Where has the time gone?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment