Saturday, October 10, 2009

Midlothian Fall Festival

Today was the Midlothian Fall Festival. Why is that significant to our family, you ask. Because the eye clinic in Midlothian set up a booth and Cory went after he got off work to help in the booth. Due to not wanting to be cooped up in the house with two wonderfully active children all day by myself, I decided that we would drive over and enjoy the festival with him.


I know that you are probably thinking that I am crazy trying to attempt another festival only a few weeks after the disastrous one in Mansfield, but I figured I needed to get back on the horse and try it again.

As soon as we got there, I realized that I wasn't going to be getting a Mother of the Year award. Being the trusting person I am, I believed the nice weatherman when he told me that the highs would be around 70 today, and I did not pack jackets for the kids. Luckily I had put a blanket in so Eden was able to stay semi-warm in the 55 degree weather.


Eden and Heath

As soon as we got there, Parker's jumpy house radar went off so we decided to get it out of the way first. The jump house was very crowded but it didn't phase him one bit. He loved every minute of it!

After getting something to eat, we decided to let Parker try the pony rides. When I first asked him if he wanted to ride, he kept saying yes. He could hardly wait for his turn and kept trying to open the gate before they were ready for him.


He chose the brown and white pony and still seemed very excited about the upcoming ride.

When it was finally time to get on the horse, the tears started flowing. He didn't go into a tantrum, but he definitely let me know that he wanted off. Unfortunately for him, I had already paid the $4 and I forced him to stay on his horse for the two minutes of fun. He hung on to me for dear life the entire pony ride.

When we were getting ready for bed tonight, I asked him what he did today. He said "I rode horse". I asked him if he had fun riding on his horse and he responded "Yea!". Really? That's funny. I thought he hated it!
Overall, the Midlothian Fall Festival was quite successful today. The kids really did a good job and Cory and I had a fun time hanging out with the other eye clinic employees. We will definitely try it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment