Friday, October 30, 2009

911...What is Your Emergency?

Today my cell phone rang and I did not recognize the incoming number, but I went ahead and answered it anyway. This is the conversation that followed:

Me: Hello.

Caller: Hello. This is Cleburne 911. Someone from this number just called us. We are calling to make sure that everything is ok.

Me: Yes, everything is fine.

(While I'm saying this, I'm trying to figure out how on earth 911 got called and then it dawned on me...Eden!)

Me: Oh, no! I am so sorry. I think it was my 11 month old that called. She was playing with my phone and must have pushed the wrong buttons. I thought I had my phone locked, but she must have figured out how to unlock it. It's amazing what they can figure out at such a young age!

Caller: No problem. Are you sure everything is ok?

Me: Yes, thank you for calling to check. Goodbye.


After I hung up the phone, I looked at my phone. Apparently, when you lock my phone, there is still a button you can push to call emergency services. This is good to know...especially since I have been giving Eden my phone to play with on a daily basis for the past few days. Hopefully, the next time I let her play with my phone, we can avoid bothering the hard working 911 dispatchers and maybe just call China instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment