Sunday, October 25, 2009

How Do I Look?

Take a very close look at Eden's ears!!!


That's right! She got her ears pierced today!

After her nap this afternoon, she and I headed out for a little mommy/daughter time. I needed a shirt to wear for "Dress Like a Superhero Day" at school tomorrow, so we were off to Wal-Mart. We had no luck there, so we decided to try the mall.

One of the first (and only) stores when you enter the Cleburne mall is Claire's. I have gone back and forth on whether or not I was going to get Eden's ears pierced while she was still little or wait until she was old enough to decide for herself.

I was six years old when I get mine pierced, and it is one of my most vivid memories as a child. I can still remember crying after getting the first ear done and my mom telling me that I had to go through with the second one. I wouldn't say it is a good memory, but I wouldn't say it was a bad one either.

The girl working at Claire's today was so sweet. She answered all of my questions and said that when they are so little, it is usually harder on the moms, not the babies! The only bad thing was that because of Eden's age, she said it would be better to do it one ear at a time. I told her I would think about it and Eden and I left to go shopping for a superhero shirt.

When we finished shopping, I found myself back at Claire's. I quickly told the girl that we were going to do it before I could change my mind. She got everything ready, I held Eden tight so she couldn't move, and we pierced the first ear. Eden was PERFECT!!! She cried for a few seconds and as soon as I stood up and walked around she stopped.

The second ear was not as easy because the gun jammed and the earring backing did not go on. The girl couldn't get it on, so I finally had to push it on. Eden was such a trooper! Again, she cried for just a second. By the time we went to the register to pay, she was finished crying. I was so proud of her!

Because this was such a spur of the moment decision, her Daddy knew nothing about it. Needless to say, he was quite surprised when we got home!

Eden looks so cute in her new earrings! Even though she will not remember what happened today, it will always be one of those special mother/daughter memories that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment