Monday, March 7, 2016

Beaver Creek 2016

Right before Christmas, my laptop died and I almost lost everything.  Luckily, I have a very handy computer genius for a husband and he was able to get it back up and running long enough to save everything on my external hard drive.  And then it died for good!  Finally, three months later, I have a brand new laptop (courtesy of my wonderful husband) and can finally start getting caught up on my 2016 blog.  It's hard to know where to start so I guess I will just go back to January and start from there.  So here goes...

The second week of January we headed to Beaver Creek for our annual ski trip with Dr. Ranelle.  We went a little earlier than we usually do but it ended up being really nice.  The slopes were not very crowded because it was right after Christmas and most people had just gone home after the holidays.  We were excited that Dr. Hu and Emma got to join us this year too! 

Because Cory is no longer skiing, I only skied for a half day on this trip.  It was hard skiing without Cory for the first time but after a little meltdown on the top of the mountain, I was able to pull it together and enjoy my time skiing with Heath, Brende, the Ranelles and Hus. 

As always, the trip was filled with lots of great food!  This year, we did something different.  On Friday night, instead of going out to a nice restaurant, we went to the Hu's house and they had a fondue company come to their house and fix us dinner.  It was so relaxed and the food was incredible!
The best part about the evening was the dessert fondue! Yum!
It finally snowed on the last morning we were there, which caused a little bit of a plane delay.  It was nice to have a few extra hours in the mountains before we headed back to Texas.
As soon as we got back, Lily started running a fever that lasted for 5 days.  It was a great welcome home present- ha!  I'm just glad the kids all stayed well for my mom while we were gone.
I know I say this every year, but I think this was one of our best trips ever!  It was great to get away for a few days and spend some time together without kids.  I am already looking forward to next year's trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment