Thursday, March 24, 2016

Spring Break 2016

We just wrapped up another spring break.  As sad as I am to see it end, I know the quicker we get back to school, the quicker summer vacation will be here.  Our spring break was pretty low key this year.  We spent most of the week at home but the kids didn't seem to care. 

It rained a lot over the past two weeks so it was hard for us to get out and enjoy our yard.  Lily had fun playing in the puddles one day!
We kept my mom's dog Brinkley over spring break while they were in Florida.  Maggie was in heaven this week. She loved having another dog to play with every day and was sad to see her go this weekend.
Dairy Queen was giving away free ice cream cones on Tuesday so we took advantage of that!
On Wednesday, we drove up to the Grand Prairie outlet malls to get the kids some summer clothes.  They had outgrown all of their clothes from last summer and we have not had a chance to go shopping yet.  We found several good deals and the kids are now set for the warm weather.
After we left the outlet mall, we decided to surprise the kids with a special dessert at the Melting Pot, a local fondue restaurant.  The kids LOVED it! 
The cousins came over to play on Friday.  Parker had baseball practice Friday night and Emily and I took the other 5 kids to Open Gym.  They had a great time playing together all day!
The girls have been begging me to take them for a pedicure so we finally found time on Saturday to go and get their toes painted.
Saturday afternoon, Cole came over to play with Parker and he brought his HoverBoard with him.  I tried to be a cool mom and decided to take a spin on it.  Parker help me get on it and I held on to his shoulders.  After a few minutes, he stepped away for just a second and before I knew it, I was on the ground.  I have never fallen that fast in my life.  I knew immediately that I was hurt.  I had fallen on my left arm, right knee, and right chin.  After a few minutes, I told Cory that I thought he needed to take me to the ER.  Turns out that I didn't break my arm but probably tore a muscle and it will take 4-6 weeks to heal.  I'm still in a LOT of pain and can't do most of my everyday activities.  I have learned my lesson and will definitely not be getting on a HoverBoard again!
What started off as an uneventful week quickly changed into a drama filled weekend!  Despite the injury, we still had a nice, relaxing spring break and we have now started our countdown to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment