Monday, March 21, 2016

January Little Things

January 31, 2016

January was over before I knew it!  We stayed pretty busy with after school activities including Parker's 3rd grade program.  Parker wasn't thrilled about being in the program but I sure am glad I encouraged him to go.  Only 30 3rd graders participated in the program and I was proud of him for being a part of it.
One day I was sorting laundry and this fell out of some of the kids clothes:
It was obviously Eden's hair but I was never able to get the complete story of what had happened.  Luckily, she cut her hair in a place that wasn't very noticeable and we had a very long talk about what we can/can not cut with scissors!  Hopefully that will not happen again!

One night I was laying in bed when Lily rushed into my room to tell me that she was about to throw up.  I quickly got a bowl but she never got sick.  I could tell that she was nervous about something and when I asked her what was wrong she proceeded to tell me that she and Eden had made a mess in the bathroom and that I needed to come have a look.  When I got to the bathroom, this is what I discovered:
The girls had decided to paint their nails without permission, spilled the nail polish all over the floor/door, and then tried to clean it up on their own so I wouldn't see it!  Blue nail was EVERYWHERE!  All over the floor, walls, towels, toilet paper roll, cabinets, etc.  I've never been so thankful for acetone in my life!

Tea parties are always more fun with cousins!  Especially when their American Girl dolls are invited!
The fever that Lily had when we got home from our ski trip lasted for five days.  She did a lot of snuggling and playing UNO during those five days since she couldn't go to preschool.
Ryan was so sad when he found out that his Lily couldn't come over to play while she had fever.  They are such sweet cousins/friends!
Eden is showing an interest in learning to cook.  She made the scrambled eggs at breakfast almost every day in January.  It's been fun watching her learn to cook and I can't wait to share more time with her in the kitchen.
We babysat Lawson one afternoon and Lily loved having a little one to play with!  We played outside, went for a walk around the neighborhood, and jumped on the trampoline.  It's been a while since we've had a two year old in our house and I forgot how busy they can be!
January was a fun month and we enjoyed unseasonably warm weather.  It was a nice treat to be able to play outside most days after school.  That's definitely one perk to living in Texas in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment