Friday, August 28, 2009

Exhausted!

I have officially survived my first week back at school! One down, thirty five to go! (But who's counting!) Other than being without air conditioning 3 out of the 5 days, the week went pretty smooth. I started testing some of the kids that I will be working with this year, and the only thing I have to say is that my job is definitely secure. We have already found several really sweet kids that have some BIG gaps in their reading development and will definitely need some small group instruction.

I am extremely exhausted after this week (thus the no new posts) and have not enjoyed the alarm going off at 5:45 every morning. I have been in bed by 10:00 every night and I am really looking forward to sleeping in until 7 in the morning. (Isn't it sad that I consider 7 o'clock as sleeping in!) Hopefully Eden will cooperate and not get up at 6:30, which often happens on the weekend.
_______________________________________________
Parker has always loved to "help" around the house so Cory and I decided last week to assign him his first chore: feeding Rocky. He has done a great job checking Rocky's bowl and letting us know when it is empty. He loves to scoop out the food and put it in the bowl. He is also very careful not to spill any food on the floor. I love to see how excited he gets when it's time to do his chore and I know that it won't be long before that excitement vanishes. But for now, I will sit back and enjoy the innocence of a two year old helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment