Thursday, July 2, 2009

Breakfast at McDonalds

I think Parker may be the only 2 year old in Cleburne who doesn't know what McDonalds is. Until today, he had only been one time (and that was for a birthday party). There are 2 reasons why I don't take him to McDonalds: 1) he won't eat their food and 2) he is not a risk taker so he will not climb on the play structure by himself.

Yesterday while we were out driving, Parker noticed the HUGE Ronald McDonald blowup sitting on top of McDonalds. He started saying "Big guy, yellow" and repeated it the entire time we were running errands.

This morning Cory and I decided to take him to McDonalds for breakfast. We thought that there might be fewer kids there at breakfast time and we knew he would love their pancakes. As soon as we drove up, he started pointing to Ronald McDonald and saying "Big guy, big guy". After eating a wonderful breakfast of pancakes and hashbrowns, he wanted to go play. Cory and I were quite impressed at how daring he was today. He climbed all the way to the top by himself without any hesitation. He never would go down the slides, but did try to go up them several times. He only got scared once when he couldn't figure out how to get down, but thanks to a sweet little girl who was also there playing, he was able to make it down without me having to climb in after him.

I think Parker had a really good time this morning. He said, "Where's big guy?" all the way home. I have a feeling that it won't be long before he is like every other 2 year old in town, asking to go to McDonalds all of the time!

Parker and Mommy (please excuse the way I look...we went swimming after breakfast so I had not taken a shower yet!)


Parker eating his pancakes


Looking out of the car on top of the play structure


Climbing up the slide

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I remember when ashtyn was little she used to point at mcdonalds and get excited and she had never even been there before! they sure have great marketing if they can draw in 2 year olds who haven't even learned about the happy meal toys yet! these days my kids are all about which restaurant is giving away the best toys!

    ReplyDelete