Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Day Out

Yesterday we went to Fort Worth to get Parker's hair cut. When Parker was younger, haircuts were easy. He didn't love them, but he tolerated them. The last few haircuts have not been as easy. He has cried, quite loudly, during the entire cut. Being the embarrassed creative mom that I am, I came up with a new plan for this month's haircut. I decided to take our DVD player and let The Little Einsteins help me out. We sat Parker in the chair, pushed play, and voila!- he sat there without making a peep during the entire haircut. My hairdresser was able to do a much better job because he was not crying and trying to push her hands away. She was actually able to take her time and give him a much needed trim, especially around his ears. I forgot to take a picture of him during the haircut, but here is a picture of him after. Doesn't he look handsome?!!!


After Parker's haircut, we met Granna, Emily, Addison and Aubrey at Central Market for lunch. We also ran into a good family friend at the hair salon who joined us for lunch. The food at Central Market is all so good and is always so hard to choose just one thing to eat. It is a good thing that I don't live closer, because I would probably be there every day for lunch trying something different!


It wasn't too hot so we sat outside and let the kids play on the playground before and after they ate.

We couldn't leave Central Market without a trip to the bulk candy area! I was good and only got 2 things- chocolate peanut butter maltballs and yogurt covered pretzels- YUM! (I would have gotten more but they were out of the other things that I love!)

We had a fun day getting to hang out with family and friends! I always look forward to getting out of the house for a while and Parker's haircut gave us just the excuse to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment