Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ranger Game

Cory and I love going to Ranger games in the summer. One of the biggest differences in us is the way we enjoy the game. Cory actually watches the game. He sees every pitch and can tell you exactly what is happening at any moment during the game. I spend most of my time "people watching" and eating rather than watching what is happening on the field. One day, I am going to be hit in the head by a foul ball. Maybe then I will start paying attention to the game.

Last night, Cory and I had the chance to go to the Ranger game with the other optometrists in his practice. One of the opthamologists that they refer patients to had rented a suite and invited us. I have been in a suite only one time before and was excited to go again. The best part of being in a suite is that you have a choice- you can either go outside and watch the game in the heat or you can stay inside and watch the game on the TVs in the air conditioning.

The other great thing about the suite is the food! Last night the doctors had ordered an assortment of Mexican foods to sample- fajitas, tamales, cheese dip, guacamole. (Can you tell I liked the food!) There were also cookies and brownies and all the drinks you wanted. Definitely much more fancy than the hot dog I got at the last game I went to.

We had a great time visiting with all of the doctors and their wives. It is not often that we all get together at the same time. The weather really wasn't that hot so I actually "watched" most of the game outside. The suite was right behind home plate so we had a great view. And the best part was that the Rangers beat the Red Sox 4-1.


View of the field from our suite

1 comment:

  1. I miss Ranger games. I too, like to eat and people watch and every now and then watch the field. Fancy you guys got to stay in a suite! And the food sounds delicious! I miss my Mexican!

    ReplyDelete