Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rhone Reunion

Today was the annual Rhone Reunion. It is held every July in Bowie, Texas for members of my dad's family. My grandfather was one of 8 kids and my dad is the oldest of 8 kids, so there are a lot of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. on that side of the family. My "Grammy" is my only living grandparent and she celebrated her 90th birthday this past year. She is not in great health so I always try to take the opportunity to go see her whenever I can. Parker and Eden have been to see Grammy a couple of times, but during the school year, it is hard to find time to visit often. (The 2 hour drive with two small kids doesn't help either!)


After another low key week at home, I decided this morning that I would pack up the kids and head to Bowie to "reunion" with some of my relatives. The 2 hour trip there was easy thanks to our portable DVD player and The Little Einsteins. We had a nice lunch and I enjoyed getting to visit with several of my aunts and cousins. There is a park next to the community center that Parker really enjoyed playing on. Thanks to the cool front that came in a couple of days ago, the temperature was a chilly 95 degrees, which made playing at the park almost bearable!! Ha!Ha!

The trip home went well too. My mom rode back to Cleburne with me and both kids slept most of the way home. In fact, Eden literally fell asleep before we got out of the parking lot.

I am so glad I decided to go today. (I had been going back and forth all week on whether or not to take the kids on such a long drive for such a short amount of time.) It is always nice to catch up on the lives of family members that I don't see very often. I am also glad I got another chance to see Grammy and I think she really enjoyed getting to see Parker and Eden.



Parker, Mommy, Eden, Grandaddy & Grammy

(Sorry about the quality of the pic- it was the best we could get with an uncooperative 2 year old and an equally uncooperative 90 year old!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment