Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday! I am so blessed to have her not only as my mom, but as one of my best friends. I can only pray that I am the kind of mom to Parker and Eden that she has been to me.

Funny things about my mom:
  • My mom is one of those people who makes everything look easy. She can make breakfast, clean her house, do 2 loads of laundry, pay her bills, and have dinner already started...and that's all by 9 o'clock in the morning!!

  • My mom loves Sonic vanilla Diet Cokes. She used to go there so much that one of the car hops knew her and knew exactly what she ordered.

  • My mom goes to Wal-Mart more than anyone I know. I am still not sure what she gets there every day...maybe she is just training to be a greeter one of these days!

  • When I call my mom at night, there is about a 75% chance that she is watching some Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie.

  • My mom can not take a picture without blinking. We always have a take another, and another, and another before we can get one with her eyes open!

Things I love about my mom:
  • She gives great advice.

  • She loves my kids more than anything. I am so blessed that she is their caretaker while I am at work. I never worry about them because I know they are in great hands.

  • She is so thoughtful. She always sends cards to our elderly friends/relatives on every holiday or special occasion just because she knows they might be lonely and would enjoy getting a card in the mail.

  • She is always coming up with fun things to do with the grandkids like making cookies, learning a new song with motions, or learning how to dot-dot.

  • She volunteers to keep the kids so Cory and I can have a date night and go out to dinner.

  • I know I can count on her for anything. She is the most selfless person I know and will do anything for her family.
Thanks mom for all you do for me! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here on your mother!!
    I wish that I would have known about the parade...I found out about it this afternoon! :(

    ReplyDelete