Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fun Day- Part 2

Mondays are very long days for me. It is Cory's late night at work so he doesn't usually get home until the kids bedtime. I usually go over and eat dinner with my parents on Monday nights, just to break up the day and give us something to do (and I won't lie...the extra set of hands to help with the kids is nice too!) This week, however, my parents are on vacation, so yesterday I was with the kids by myself all day.

We spent the morning playing at home and the kids were excellent. They shared their toys and played so well together. It is so fun to see them interact more and more the bigger they get. Eden is so interested in everything that Parker does, and wants to try to do whatever he is doing.

During their nap time, I decided that I was going to have to get out of the house and do something fun. Being cooped up in the house until bedtime was just not an option! Luckily, the weather was so nice yesterday. The temps were in the low 90s with a nice breeze and lots of clouds. I feel like we have been prisoners in our own house with the 100+ degree weather the past few weeks, so this cooler weather was such a blessing, both for me and the kids.

We left soon after their naps for the park. One thing that I love about Cleburne (and there aren't too many things!) is the park. It has a great park with a great playground and a stream with lots of ducks and turtles to feed.

I was a little nervous because I have never taken both kids to the park by myself before. They showed me very quickly that I had nothing to worry about. Eden was PERFECT- she sat in her stroller for over an hour and never made a peep. She propped her feet up and was perfectly content to sit and look around, play with a toy, and eat a few snacks.


Parker was just as good as Eden. He played independently and didn't even complain when it was time to leave. I am also happy to say that his fear of slides is completely gone.

After dinner, we went outside to play and enjoy the nice weather some more. Parker rode his bike and Eden sat on hers.
Doesn't that look on her face just say "I am such a big girl!"

Parker also enjoyed riding on his roller coaster.


The evening ended with several wagon rides up and down the street. On a side note, can I just say that there is nothing like pulling 2 kids up a hill in a wagon to make you realize how out of shape you are! I really need to get back to the gym!

Daddy finally got home just in time to help give baths and read stories at bedtime. I had such a wonderful day with the kids and hated to see it end. I hope the weather will stay nice for the rest of the week so we can get outside some more. This will definitely go down as one of the best days of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment