Thursday, July 30, 2009

No Fear

I am constantly amazed how the same two people can create two completely different children. During the last few months, I have come to the conclusion that one is not better than the other, just different. I would never want one to be more like the other, for then I would lose some of the things that I have come to love about the one. Below is just one illustration of how Parker and Eden have shown us that they are completely different.

Parker is not a risk taker. He will not try anything new without me being right beside him. I often have to just force him to try things knowing that he will like it once he tries it. He also gets frustrated very easily, usually wanting to stop something the moment it gets difficult.

Eden is the complete opposite. She will work on a task without fussing or giving up until she accomplishes it. It may take her three or four tries, but she has the persistance that allows her to keep going. I never have to force her to try something because she has usually already tried it when I wasn't looking! For an 8 month old, she has no fear! (It will be interesting to see if this characteristic stays the same as she gets older!)

A few days ago while Parker was still napping, Eden became very interested in his car. She tried and tried to climb into the driver's seat. After several minutes of letting her try, I knew that she wasn't quite coordinated to get in on her own so I put her in the driver's seat.

After sitting and learning how to honk the horn on her own, she decided that there were other things she could do in the car, like stand in its seat! Without any help from me, she figured out how to turn around and stand up. Like I said, for an 8 month old, she has no fear! I have a feeling that Eden, even though she is younger, may be the first one in our family with a broken arm!


No comments:

Post a Comment