Sunday, December 29, 2013

Daddy's Christmas Helpers (A Guest Post by Cory)

A couple of weeks before Christmas I asked the girls to go with me to Wal-Mart. I needed to buy some ornaments and hooks for our tree. They were happy to go with me, and they looked super cute in their cold weather hats! Many of our fellow shoppers were commenting to me how cute they looked. Of course, the trip could not be as easy as it should have been. Within a few minutes of arrival Lily announced she had to go to the bathroom. #2, of course! So off to the men's restroom we went. Luckily it was empty, but the toilet was nasty, and I cleaned it as best as I could. The three of us stood in the stall waiting for her to complete the task. As soon as she was don, Eden announced her biological need. At least it was the quicker version, but they both managed to touch way too many surfaces for my comfort. We scrubbed at the sink for a lengthy period and finished our shopping. Oh well. It was still fun taking my girls on a shopping trip!
A few days prior to that the weather was very nice, and since Parker was wanting to put up the outside lights, we got busy. He was a tremendous help. He is old enough now to stay on task, and he probably did over half of the work. Someday he will understand what a big help he was since physical tasks can be overwhelming for me. Thanks a ton Parker...I am so excited you are old enough to share the experience of putting up lights with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment