Saturday, December 28, 2013

Washington DC- Day 2

We started day 2 with a tour of The White House.  The weather was rainy and cold- not near as nice as the previous day that didn't even require a jacket. 
As we were walking into the White House, the president's dogs- Bo and Sunny- were coming in from a walk so I reached out and pet one of them.  I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few people that can say that I've pet the First Dogs!
The White House was decorated beautifully for the holidays.  It was just as impressive this year as it was last year.  Some things are stunning no matter how many times you see them.
After our White House tour, we headed to The Library of Congress for another tour.  This is something I didn't get to see last year and I'm so glad we took the time to take a tour.  The Library is probably one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen.  It was full of history  and symbolism and impossible to put into words.  While we were there, we were able to see the original copy of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. 

Since it was still raining after our tour, we decided to spend the rest of our day in the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum where Cory got to see the Wright Flyer.
For dinner, we ate at the famous Ben's Chili Bowl- one of the president's favorite local restaurants.  It was a fun way to end another fast and furious day in DC.


No comments:

Post a Comment