Saturday, December 14, 2013

Santa Pic 2013

Well, it took six years but we finally did it!  We finally got a picture with Santa without anyone crying!  I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about this!  I think Santa pics with crying kids are some of the most precious pictures ever! 

And just in case you were under the assumption that this picture was easy to get... Eden spent the 15 minutes leading up to this picture screaming and clinging to me for dear life.  I'm not sure what set this off.  She hasn't cried around Santa for two years.  We were about to give up and just take the picture without her this year, when she told me that she would take the picture if she could have some gum.  And wouldn't you know it that I ran out of gum yesterday.  Thank goodness for one of Cory's coworkers who just happened to be there and offered Eden some gum.  After a quick trip to the bathroom to regroup, she turned into a completely different child.  She walked right up to Santa, gave him a high five and a hug and then climbed right onto his lap. 

It took a little bit of work, but I am glad that the Santa picture turned out cute in the end!  Hopefully Santa pictures will continue to get easier and easier as the years go by!

No comments:

Post a Comment