Saturday, December 28, 2013

Washington DC- Day 1

I"m pretty sure that we have the worst Internet service in the world.  For the last 2-3 weeks, our Internet has been in and out of service (and mostly out of service).  Even when we do finally get our service to come back up, it usually goes out within minutes of me starting to upload some pictures to the blog.  I know that this is a first world problem and that I should be thankful for computers and Internet at all, but it is extremely frustrating to say the least!

So, while things look like they are finally up and running again, I'm going to try and catch up on the month of December.  Cory and I were blessed to get to take a trip to Washington DC the weekend after Thanksgiving.  After going to DC last year with my mom and sisters, I knew that Cory would LOVE to take a trip there, so we worked it out to go the same week of the year when the crowds in DC are minimal. 

We started our first day at Ford's Theater.  The museum was interesting and we got to see both the balcony where Lincoln was shot and the room across the street where he died. 
After we left Ford's Theater, we stopped at the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
We also spent about an hour in the National Art Museum before heading to the capitol for our scheduled tour. 
Our capitol tour guide was not as good as the one my mom and sisters and I had last year, but Cory enjoyed it regardless.  He especially liked the House of Representatives chamber.
After we left the capitol, we started walking down the Mall.  The World War II Memorial is still one of my favorites and Cory loved the Lincoln Memorial. 
After a long day of walking around DC, we finally stopped for dinner at a local pizza place that was so good.  We were so tired and it didn't take us long to fall asleep that first night!

No comments:

Post a Comment