Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Last Photo Dump of 2013

I found a few more pictures that I had never put on the blog so I decided to do one more photo dump this year.  Some of these are from back in October, but I guess it's better late than never, right?!?!
 
Rub a Dub Dub!  It's a happy Lily in the tub!  I wish I could bottle up some of that happiness and use it when the terrible 3's rear their ugly head! 
I love that Lily still sleeps the exact same way that she did the day I brought her home from the hospital.  She always hated to be swaddled and wanted her hands above her head when she slept.  Some things never change!
Right after school began, Eden started having trouble with crying and getting her work done at school.  We immediately started a sticker chart and she filled it up quickly.  For her reward, she chose to go to Jumpin' Apes and the girls had a great time playing together.
We had some unseasonably warm temperatures in November, so Emily and Jon took their kids camping.  We joined them for dinner, s'mores, and some tree climbing fun!
I found one more picture of Eden on the morning of her birthday.  Granna made her a '5' pancake and she was so excited when we sang "Happy Birthday" to her before we all left for school.
Eden got called up on stage at Thursday School so they could wish her a happy birthday.  Luckily, several of her friends and her teacher, Mrs. Angie, all had birthdays the same week so she wasn't nervous being in the spotlight.
Lily's class also got called up the same day at Thursday School to help with the Bible lesson.  What a sweet group of helpers!
Parker threw a major fit at Granna's one night.  After we got home (when he was supposed to be getting ready for bed), he wrote this note for me and left it by my bed.  He still got punished but this sweet note made it easier for me to forgive and forget! (The note says- I love you so much mommy.  Please forgive me. Sorry.  XXOO XXOO)
We took the kids to see Frozen on Thanksgiving Day.  It was Lily's first time to go to see a movie at the theater.  She did a pretty good job especially since sitting still and being quiet are not two of her strongest qualities.
Parker got to go on his first AR trip the Wednesday before Christmas break.  Because he reached his reading goal, he got to go to Main Event and enjoy playing video games and bowling with many of his classmates.
Smurfette made her way into our nativity scene this year.  Cory said that she must have gotten the memo that she was to come bearing gifts!
After a long day of bickering, the girls climbed into Lily's chair so that Eden could read them a bedtime story.  It sure was nice to see them getting along after all the fighting they had done that day!
I guess that ends a wonderful year full of fun memories!  I can only hope that 2014 has just as many fun things in store for our family!  I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve!  I will be snuggled up in bed cheering for our Texas Aggies to BTHO Duke!  Gig 'Em Aggies and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment